Saturday, May 31, 2008


One of my herb planters


Can you believe this is the last day of May? Spring has just been rolling along. I did some sewing the last two days. I completely finished and mailed one baby pillow and embroidered the other. I hemmed a pair of pants for Captain Kitty and ripped the sleeves out of a pretty cotton button up shirt that I am going to make sleeveless for her. I need to hem the arm hole areas and the shirt will be ready.


On the garden front I replanted three hills of cucumbers. I bought seeds. We had read that seed companies are having a problem keeping up with demands this year. I didn't know what that would mean to buy seeds. In the package of cucumber seeds I bought there were only nine seeds! I was amazed. I expected more. Just enough for three hills. At least the way the General and I had been taught. We grew up being taught to plant three seeds to every hill of cucumbers. I am going to look around and see if anybody has any cucumber plants for sale. I still would like to plant more. I had eight hills planted and I think I have three left. I also planted cherry tomatoes in two planters I have. I bought a pack of lettuce seeds because I used all I have and want to replant them later in the summer as we use up what we are growing now.


Our excitement for yesterday came in the evening. When I went out to work in the gardens last evening after supper I almost stepped on a black snake. It was about two foot long. It was a small fella. Some may not understand why this was an event, but when you live in the city you don't see many snakes, well not of the animal kingdom! LOL!


Sew Long for Now!

No comments: