Friday, May 16, 2008

Yesterday we were expecting rain, but the sun came out until the afternoon. I was able to hang out my dish clothes and tea towels, which I had soaked over night. Then I hurried and washed two quilts and a fleece blanket to hang out. I made two pairs of jeans into capris for Captian Kitty and I made some patches for 4-H. I had some pain in my arm so I didn't finish my embroidery. I ended up taking a nap yesterday afternoon because I forgot last night was Bernina club. Since it is every other month I have tried to go to that. I was so thankful I went last night. They covered how to use the ruffle foot. I bought one last year on sale and have never taken the time to figure it out. Now I don't have to! She showed us how to use it. She also showed us a great technique for using a tailors tack foot and putting fancy edging around two pieces of material you butt together. I have one of those feet and I don't ever remember using it so that was useful information.

Today Lt. Col. Cool comes home for a little break between the end of the school year and the beginning of summer school. I have to finish the embroidery because the shirts are being picked up today. I am not sure what else I shall do involving sewing. I have so many ideas I want to work on though. I really need to spend some time and clean up my sewing room. I have neglected it lately. We don't do lessons here on Friday because it is one of the General's days off so I might have extra time in my day, I am very tired though. Even taking a nap when you only sleep for 5 hours it catches up with you, so I will probably take a 1/2 hour nap sometime today. Tomorrow I have to stay up late again. I am not good with messing with my sleep pattern and this week has been so out of wack with the beginning of next week not promising to be better. By about next Wednesday I should be good and teary and cranky.

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: