Monday, June 02, 2008

Today promises to be hot and sunny. It was very humid and warm this weekend. We had rain forecast all weekend, but it skirted around us here. Saturday morning Captain Kitty and I went to the downtown farmer's market. They had peaches from South Carolina and we wanted some. I can't wait until our local peaches are ready. The man I always buy them from said about a month more. He said in two weeks he would have cherries ready. I am so looking forward to making a pie. I found cucumber plants and planted eight more. I also picked up some lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, and tomatoes. It will be about a month before ours are ready.

Saturday afternoon Captain Kitty and I helped a friend's daughter and her dance group dress at their recital. Captain Kitty has helped for the past three years and this year my friend ask if I would help. It was so cute. We had 5 and 6 year olds. They had two dance numbers. The first one they had these beautiful ivory ballet outfits. The second number they dressed like ducks for a tap number. We had nine girls and they were great. They listened and did what they were suppose to. They went when they were suppose to. I don't know if I could ever be involved in that field all the time though. The chaos of hundreds of girls back stage getting ready and the coming and goings was just too much for me. I am so used to quiet and calmness. Even our little bee keeper is easier on his most chaotic days.

Today I hope to be busy. The garden is going to need more work than we have had to give it so far. I have several loads of laundry to do. It's library day. Just puttering on and of course there is sewing to do. I had to take in the shirt I took the sleeves off of because without sleeves it had a bigger gap around the arm hole than we would let CK wear. I finished that part and now just need to bind the edge of the armhole.

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: