Wednesday, May 14, 2008



I wanted to join Little Jenny Wren in her day in my life post.

My day started at 2:15 a.m. today. I got up hoping the papers would be on time, but of course they were not. I packed the General's lunch and did some reading. Finally about 3 a.m. I got the little bee keeper up because he was going to help me this morning. The papers arrived at 3:30 a.m. and we hurried as fast as we could getting them out. We did great because we finished and were home by 6:15 a.m. The little bee keeper went back to bed and I talked to the General before he left for work at 6:30 a.m.

I came on the computer to do my paper work and read e-mail and blogs next. About 8 a.m. I started laundry. At 9 I got Captain Kitty up. She woke up on the wrong side of the bed and when I saw what a bad job she did of her evening chores it didn't help my attitude. She sat down at the table to eat breakfast and read a book. I was sweeping the living room and kitchen. After I calmed myself I sat down to talk to her about her work ethic, which caused a great amount of tears. Sigh, I don't like moodiness. Finally, after getting her to calm down and talking to her about what was expected she went to get dressed and I ate my breakfast. During this time the little bee keeper got up. I got the first load of clothes on the line.

After breakfast both children began their lessons for the day and I got the second load of laundry on the line in the midst of cleaning the stove and oven. I do not care to clean the oven. It is suppose to be a self cleaning oven, but in the 17 years I have owned it that feature has never worked. Since I dislike this task I had put it off for too long and it took a while to get it clean. I don't use oven cleaner. During all this I would stop to help with lessons so that prolonged the job also. Also during this the little bee keeper took a break between studies and checked on the bee hive. Ants had decided to descend on it and he felt I needed to do something about it. I try to avoid working with the hive. I like to leave it in the hands of the General and him. At his insistance though I called the General who ask me to put some ant deterant around the hive. We don't own any protective gear yet. The General is going next week to get some, he has to drive to another city to visit the store. So I sucked in my feelings of fear and went to do the task. Of course the little bee keeper shadowed me and was flicking the ants off the hive while I put the stuff in a circle around it. The bees buzzed around me as I did this, but the little bee keeper told me to just walk calmly and not make any sudden movements. I was glad when this task was completed. A customer stopped by with four shirts for me to embroidery. The children finished up their work about 1 p.m. and I got ready and ran to the store. I hurried home because I needed to take the little bee keeper to his piano lessons. While I was at the store Captain Kitty and the little bee keeper helped me out by cleaning the bathroom. On the way to piano I stopped to pay a bill and then after piano lessons we came home and I made supper. Captain Kitty helped me bring in the laundry while supper was cooking. I made a tuna casserole, baked a sweet potato for me, and made a salad. I don't eat much meat and try to avoid pasta. While I was setting the table for supper the General arrived home with more bee hive equipment that a friend had given him. After supper I packed the General's lunch for today, the little bee keeper cleaned out the van from the haul of dirty bee hives, and Captain Kitty cleaned up the dishes. I put away the clothes from washing and by 7 p.m. I was in bed. Everyone else stays up later than I, so they all settled down to watch tv.

Sew Long for Now!

1 comment:

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Cindi,

Really. You live a rich, full, diligent life. You and yours never cease to inspire.

Jesus shines through your days (especially in the midst of moodiness and tears and long talks.)

Thank you, thank you, friend...
I send love,
Ann