Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This robin is living near us and is a very brave and forward bird. This morning I did some work in the gardens and then I sat down on the back verandah in my rocking chair and read scriptures. After I finished I sat there awhile and enjoyed watching a woodpecker going to town on a telephone pole in the corner of four yards. I was enjoying the coolness of the morning, the songs of the birds, and the next thing I know this robin was sitting there just talking to me. No, not in human words. It was just twittering away. It isn't the first encounter I have had with it in the last several weeks. It is a very brave bird. It comes very close to us. This morning it hopped around near me and then just went off on it's merry way. We haven't had many robins near our house. We usually have these two blue jays that live near and so they seem to chase others away. I don't know if this is the usual personality of robins, but it is interesting!

I did get the sewing room cleaned yesterday and the kitchen mopped. We got lessons done. I mailed my father-in-law his birthday present, went by the library, and took Captain Kitty to the orthodontist. It was a busy day, but it didn't feel too bad. Speaking of my father-in-law's birthday, we sent him a very neat present. He is 71 this year and I always have a hard time buying presents for him because he never really needs or wants anything. I took some pictures of the family I had taken since January on a cd to CVS. I used their machine and made a photo book for him. I was able to add captions also. It looks like a scrapbook, but was loads easier. I was very happy with the way it turned out. I hope he will like it.

I am going to try again today to get to some sewing I want to do done. Let's cross our fingers!

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: