Thursday, May 22, 2008

We got the upper garden tilled and almost all planted yesterday. I still have two rows of beans to put in. This picture is of Captain Kitty with her feet buried in the soil. My children love to play in the dirt, even my older children. You would have thought we were having a party in our backyard this week. When we worked on the gardens we all went out and we did as much playing in the dirt as working. We all commented at one time or another how much we love the smell of fresh plowed dirt. I guess it's those German and Scottish farmer genes in our ancestory. We had as much fun together doing this as going on an outting some where!

I still haven't done any sewing since Monday. I haven't done any laundry since Monday! I haven't done any house cleaning since...since last week. I am not talking everyday tasks like making beds, washing dishes, etc. I mean the ceiling fans need dusting and the floors need mopping kind of stuff. They house is straight just needs some extra tlc. Hopefully, I will get some sewing in this afternoon. Off to hang out laundry and check the gardens.

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: