Monday, May 05, 2008


Efforts for Sunday afternoon card making. I used a simple idea. I also made all the cards the same since I needed 6 thank you cards and two Mother's Day cards. Mondays are a strange day around here lately. Captain Kitty is in a play this month and for the past several months we have to be out of the house at 9:30 a.m. to get her to practice. I don't get home from our Sunday night prayer group until late. So instead of going to bed early and getting 7-8 hours of sleep I don't go to bed until later and get 4-5 hours of sleep. That makes me tired when I get home from work so I lay back down for an hour or two. When I lay back down I don't get my day started or anything done before I leave the house. Everything just gets off. Add in that today the General and I are going to Lexington to pick up Lt. Col. Cool and my day is all out of whack! I don't think I am going to get anything accomplished. Maybe I will get to go through my closet of material and find what I need to make a birthday present. My Momma's birthday is Sunday, so is Lt. Col. Cool's. Since LTC has to be back at school Friday for some trip over the weekend and his last exam is today he is coming home for a couple of days to relax and to visit. It will be hard to not have him here on his birthday. This has been a year of many hard things with him. You know these days are coming, but you try not to think of them when they are little. Days when your baby will grow up and start living a life away from you at times. I remember days when he was small and played under my feet in the kitchen as I worked and now he is off with a wave and the kitchen floor is barren of cars and trucks. I know there will be more birthdays, Mother's Days, and holidays he will not be around. It's just getting used to that idea is sometimes harder than it seems on the outside. I smile though because I want him to become a man. I spent 19 years helping him get to this point.

Sew Long for Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Our DD has been going to camp since the age of 6 and when she became a teen, she volunteered there. Now, as a young adult she goes to school 125 miles from home. This year she will be home one week before starting her summer job 150 miles away at the same camp where she has gone since age 6. She will be their lifeguard. They grow up much too quickly.