Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I signed up to sew these post op pouches for breast cancer patients in October. I finally finished them today. I am trying to get some ufo's and mending caught up.
With the New Year, Tuesday has become one of the busiest days here. This morning we all went to the dentist, then I dropped our daughter off at Math class while our youngest son and I came home, him to finish his lessons and me to sew. After I picked her up from Math we all three did chores and I cleaned the bathroom then I took her to violin lessons. I dropped her off and picked up our youngest son to drop him off to meet his Dad for a missions trip meeting and I came home to fix supper. I now await those two returning so we can eat and maybe watch the first half of Return of the Kings, the extended version. We are working our way through the LoR extended version movies this week.
I need to see if I can find a zipper to finish a pair of pants for a lady at church and then attack that mending pile!
Sew Long for Now!

Sunday, January 03, 2010

I know I have been missing in action for a while. I have spent the past two months working on outfits to be worn to our annual vintage ball. This is a contra dance for homeschoolers in our area every year right after Christmas. It is tons of fun. My husband really gets into this dance. He loves to dress in the style of the 1800's. He also really wants an authentic outfit. This year I tried really hard to make him one.

This is the vest. The easiest piece I made.

I wanted to chuck these pants more times than I can count. The instructions with the pattern are just beyond comprehension. I finally told him I was going to make them the best I could to look authentic as possible. This pattern caused me many tears and I have seriously thought about trashing the pattern because it was such a pain.

This the jacket. He wanted it in the authentic wool, but I talked him out of it. Since we were dancing indoors and with heat I thought it would be just too hot. There are more than 24 pewter buttons on this coat. I also didn't make the buttons actually function. This piece took me the longest and there was so many more things I could have done to make it more authentic, but time wasn't on my side. I spent more than 6 weeks working on it.
This has been one of the most challenging projects I have done in awhile.
Today to wind down from all this I cleaned my sewing room and worked on hand quilting a fence rail quilt I am working on.
Sew Long for Now!