Thursday, November 02, 2006



We are back from our trip to U.Va. The results? My husband, the dear General, has to have more tests. They say he has a form of MD, but he has symptoms that could make it one of three different types. They have ruled out one and are working on ruling out another. They did a DNA test yesterday. Hopefully, we will have the results in a few weeks.

Besides that we had a glorious day together! We went out to eat lunch. We did a bit of window shopping in Charlottesville. We drove home the old route instead of taking the interstate. It was an absolutely beautiful fall day to do this. The air smelled so good. We stopped at Rockfish Gap store and I wanted one of all we saw. I settled on this book. It was originally printed in 1920. My copy is 1926. I can't wait to read it. I have skimmed through it and it is full of wonderful jewels.

We had supper with my parents. My Momma had kept the youngest two at her house while we were gone. They fed the horses and took off across the fields in the farm truck to check the cows. When they came back to the barn Momma had to back the truck up. There is something funny about the farm trucks reverse and no matter what they tried they couldn't get it in gear. Momma laughed about them leaving the truck down at the barn and having to walk up over the rest of the fields to the house. Their excitement of the day! She let Captain Kitty and I raid her stash of lipstick. She buys perfume and they give her lipstick with it. She never wears much so she had a basket full of lipstick that we picked from.

Momma also showed me an article in their local paper about the ladybug problem we encountered here. The article was not promising. It seems these swarms of ladybugs have moved in up and down the mountains. They live 3-4 years and lay 300 eggs apiece each time they lay. The writer of the article ended by saying that next spring the amount of ladybugs looks to be even more. One survey estimate them at 10,000 per acre on the day they swarmed!

Well, off to do some chores then on to sewing!

Sew Long for Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your hubby's test results come back with good news. It must be a stressful waiting game you guys are having to deal with. God bless you guys in this time.

Lisa said...

I hope he gets good news. Sounds like you had a perfect day, otherwise. My son was telling me about that article. I found a ladybug crawling up the wall over my desk and I commented on it and he said it was a good thing I like ladybugs.

I'll be keeping the General in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so praying too, Cindi.... We are in Your hand, Father... and know You heart is only for us... so we trust...
In Jesus name...
Amen...

With love,
Ann