Tuesday, November 28, 2006




This is a picture of one of the vinyl totes I was ask to embroider.












This is what we came up with doing. My friend Debra at our local Bernina dealer agreed with me that embroidering on the vinyl was not going to work. My concern was getting the bag to stay at the hoop when embroidering. She mentioned that the needle hools would preferate the bag and cause it to tear. I had not thought of that. She suggested embroidering on something that didn't ravel and sewing it down. I bought some suede to match the black trim around the photo holes and embroidered the names in tan on it. It was still hard to attach it through the several layers of vinyl, but I got it done. I was so relieved the customer was pleased with them. Besides this I have been working on the Roman soldier costumes. They are taking more time than I anticipated. I have also been working on Jesse tree ornaments, but they are made out of paper. I need to go supervise supper preparations.

Sew Long for Now!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, it's neat! I'm glad she liked it. I know I keep saying this, but I just don't see how you do so much.

Linda L said...

Cindi, that looks great! I was concerned about embroidering on vinyl. I have never tried it but gosh that stuff is hard to sew on just regular stitching.

I think this looks nice and apparently the customer thought so too. I like the suede trim idea, just adds the right touch.

Cindi said...

Thanks Lisa and Linda. I always worry so much over whether people will be pleased with my work. I am my own worst critic.