Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It was a nice summer day yesterday here. The sky was that beautiful deep shade of blue with only whisp of clouds. It was not to hot and there was a nice breeze blowing. We shut off the a/c and opened the windows. I didn't do any sewing. We went to the post office, the library, the bank, and the gas station. I tied up my tomatoes. I spent some time sitting on the back verendah.

For supper I had ran out of salad dressing so I found a recipe for ranch dressing from a back issue of Country Home magazine and made that. It was good, not as thick as store bought though. I used parsley from my herb garden in it. I had also cut some kale earlier in the day and used that in stir fry for supper. Fixing supper was a nice chore yesterday because captain kitty and the little bee keeper both helped me cut up vegetables and get it ready. It was nice to have them in the kitchen and all three of us working together.

Early this morning it was in the 50's. Today promises to be beautiful. Temperatures in the 70's and sunshine. This is the kind of weather I love.

Sew Long for Now!

Poster from allposters.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindi, I am enjoying this VA weather this week, too! I've been outside from sunup until sundown trying to get lots of mulch in place, some flowers transplanted, and sprucing up the yard. It's been so enjoyable with the nice breezes.