Wednesday, June 04, 2008

This picture was taken yesterday by the little bee keeper. A lone flower that popped up in our back yard. It had bloomed a few days ago, but by evening all the petals fell off. Yesterday we saw it again in the same spot. I think it may be a poppy, but am not sure.

It rained last evening. I was happy because we needed some for the gardens. It was a bit of a storm; thunder, lightening, and such. Last night I found out a tornado touched down in the Tanglewood part of town. We don't often have tornado's here in this valley between mountains.

Our little bee keeper's recital went great last night. I was so happy for him. He was nervous. This is only the second recital he has ever played. He took his books up with him when it was his turn, for security, but he had memorized all four pieces that he played. He really has a talent for the piano and I pray he will pursue it if for no other reason than music can bring such joy to lives.

I put the elastic in the casings of the bee suits. Thursday they will be opening the hive to check on the progress of the bees. They must be doing something up there they are always busy. Even during the rain last evening I saw them coming and going. Today I am hoping to work on a table runner and kitchen valances for a customer.

Sew Long for Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you've been quite the prolific blogger! I'm just getting caught up. Sounds like you've been happy and blessed and have had a lot going on. :o)

Our sons started taking piano lessons a few weeks ago. I hope they continue on and enjoy it as your son does! It's a great way to relax. I sure wish I had been more diligent in my lessons when I was young.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you've been quite the prolific blogger! I'm just getting caught up. Sounds like you've been happy and blessed and have had a lot going on. :o)

Our sons started taking piano lessons a few weeks ago. I hope they continue on and enjoy it as your son does! It's a great way to relax. I sure wish I had been more diligent in my lessons when I was young.