Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am trying to catch up on things. I finished making a table runner and three valances for a customer yesterday. Today I am embroidering 11 shirts for another. I have spent at least 1 1/2 hours everyday in our three garden patches. They are still over run with weeds right now. Why don't rabbit and birds like to eat weeds instead of the good stuff? That would sure save me a lot of work and frustration.

Last evening the General, Captain Kitty, and our little bee keeper went to our friend's home on Bent Mountain and made frames for the bee hive. I hear they will be replacing the plastic frames this evening.

Tuesday was a very hard day. We went to a viewing. One of our friends passed away. She was the wife of a man my husband used to work with. He took early retirement and so she was still young at 65. They treated us like part of their family and always included us in family celebrations and picnics. He has always been the one to till our gardens up until this year when we got our own tiller. She went to bed early Saturday night because she was tired and never woke back up. It has been harder on us because they had invited us to the annual Memorial Day picnic at their house and we couldn't go because we went to my neice's graduation from high school. The things you reflect on at times like these. I just pray it will help us to hold those we love nearer and dearer while we can.

Sew Long for Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About the weeds in the garden, I have heard that straw (not hay due to the seeds still in it) around at the base of the plants and in the rows cuts down on weeds in the garden. Haven't tried it yet, but hope to soon. (:

On a personal level, I am very sorry for the loss of your close friend. I do pray you all and her widowed husband are doing well. My heart achs for you and I don't even know you. Just know that you are in my prayers right now.

Sincerely, :) (Mommy of two little blessings)