Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Skunk part 2

Last night when I left the house at about 3 a.m. to deliver papers I heard a noise in the live animal trap. That pesky rabbit has been back in my gardens lately. He sits there in it most mornings and stares at me. I looked at the trap and there was our little skunk friend! I left him because I had to go and I needed to figure out how to get rid of him without getting sprayed. About 6 a.m. I called the General. Needless to say he was not happy I had caught a skunk. He wanted to just let it go in our back yard. I reminded him that skunks eat bees. I told him I would get our oldest son up in a little while and get him to help me take the cage somewhere and let the skunk go. At 6:20 when I got home the skunk had dug up all the grass under the cage and made a bed and was laying down sleeping. I think he was a baby skunk because he was so small. I waited until 8:30 and got our oldest up and ask him to come help me. Now you must know the trap never really actually was locked all the way. One of the bars that is suppose to fall so the animal can't open the door didn't function and so the skunk was never actually locked in. When we went out the skunk was gone. He had tore up trap also. He broke the tray that holds the food that also causes the doors to swing shut. He must have finally figured out that the door was not really shut because there was no other way he could have got out. The General calls and ask if I took care of the skunk and I told him what happened. Now he is worried about his bees! Off to find a natural repellent for skunks.

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: