Thursday, June 05, 2008

The perils of living in a big city! Last night when I went out to deliver the papers I was met by a skunk on the back verenda. I found two cucumber plants missing their leaves this morning. Hmmm, do skunks eat veggies? I will have to look that up. I know they eat grubs and we have found many holes dug in our yard this spring. I also know they eat bees and since we don't want this one eating our honey bees I will have to find a way to drive it away. Mothballs is one idea, but I don't know if they really work. Another may be to leave the back lights on for awhile. I doubt if that will work since I see lots of skunks while delivering papers and they don't seem bothered by peoples porch lights. I think we will move the live animal trap down the hill next to the where I saw it go under the fence and see what happens.

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: