Monday, July 21, 2008

It is going to be another hot day. The last couple of days have been. I have been working on the shirt I was making myself. I am almost done, but I tried it on and had the General look at yesterday. We both decided it didn't fit my body type. Oh well. I tried to make a wrap around shirt, Butterick 4469. I have a strange shaped body; big hips, a tiny waist, no chest. I think I am probably a pear shape. I have a couple of other top patterns I wanted to try. Since this was some old material I had in my stash that I got on clearance I don't feel so bad that it didn't work. I will just cut it up and do something else with the fabric.

Captain Kitty and I picked beans on Friday and I snapped 11 quarts. I cooked some and froze the rest. I picked again this morning. My tomato plants are full of green tomatoes so when they turn I will have a lot to do putting those up. The children are taking care of a friend's animals while they are on vacation. I got an e-mail from them yesterday that there were some peaches off their trees that they forgot about on the back porch and for us to take them. I got a huge shopping bag full of peaches. I will have to do something with those also. We are just being blessed with produce!

Saturday the General, Captain Kitty, and I went to a homeschool book sale. It had new and used vendors. I found some books I needed and some I wanted. I saw lots of friends I don't always get to see. It was nice. Of course Captain Kitty was in heaven. I had given her extra money for helping me around the house and she bought books. She loves books.

I have lots of embroidery to do for customers so I will spend a little time on the computer and then I am off.

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: