Friday, July 25, 2008

I can't believe it's Friday already! Boy, has this week flown past. I embroidered 7 shirts for a customer and then found I was out of stabilizer. Yesterday was Bernina club so I picked up some more stabilizer, big spools of black and white embroidery thread (which I seem to go through a lot), and a varigated with purple and green to try on a project. Don't you love the bright bag the store put my purchase in? I love the bags this store uses and save them to wrap presents in.

A customer had brought me 204 hankerchiefs to embroidery for a wedding on Wednesday with a swatch of the color used in the wedding. I totally forgot to find matching thread yesterday so I went back today and picked it up. While there she had another customer for me to digitize something for and a drawing to give me an idea. I love digitizing. It is so fun to play with stitches on the computer and then see what that produces when you sew it out. I also have another customer to call tonight to see if I can help digitize something for. I also have four more shirts to embroidery for some one by Sunday.

On the garden front, I picked more green beans yesterday. I put up another four quarts. There is okra and kale that I need to do something with. I am waiting for my tomatoes to turn. I can just taste a nice homemade biscuit with fresh warm homegrown tomato slices...yum.

Sew Long for Now!

3 comments:

Lynn Hasty said...

I enjoyed catching up with you after being away on vacation. I'm also just trying to cheer myself up a bit after losing a sweet friend this week. It was a nice diversion to read about the insects you found and to think about those fresh garden vegetables.

Lynn

Maria said...

Hi Cindi,

You are the winner of my blog giveaway. Please email me at
quiltingpenguin at mariacherry dot com with your mailing address and if you prefer a certain color for your dishcloth let me know, I will try and see if I have it.

Have a blessed day!

Mari

Linda L said...

I too like this store's bags. They are great for gift wrapping. I hope all is well with you, hope to see you sometime in Alpine or JoAnn's.