Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I have been finding a strange insect on my green beans. I found it left the leaves full of holes and lacey looking. I decided to do some research.

Here is what it looks like. I found it is a Mexican bean beetle larva. I have never seen these before. I have been picking the leaves with these insects on them off and discarding them. Also, this morning while watering my herbs I saw my parsley was either brown on almost gone. I looked closer and found this culprit.

A black swallowtail catepillar. They love parsley and this guy had almost eaten all mine. I removed him from my parsely.

Part of growing things is dealing with the creatures who like what you are growing.

I redid that shirt yesterday for Captain Kitty. It isn't great, but it will do to wear around the house. It looks good on her so I think I will make her another one in a smaller size.

Stay cool today!

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: