This has been a productive weekend sewing wise. I finished my new pocketbook (purse, bag).
This is the front. I quilted the fabric with a varigated sulky thread. The bottom has timtex in it to give it body. I did not give it any outside pockets, but, there are inside pockets. I think if I make another similar to this I will put the straps under the contrasting band.
On the back side I tried to give it some whimsy. This is not the best picture, but the buttons I used as the flowers on the rickrack are ceramic. I have had them almost twenty years. My daughter keeps asking to have them and I had told her no. She got so indignent that I had used them on my bag. 11 yo's.
I also altered 4 shirts, a pair of pants, and a prom dress. On the infant front I now have two mantels and two dresses done plus a set of frills.
This is a front view of the Infant of Prague statue. I was ask to make these clothes by a Catholic lady for two of these statues. I am making several dresses and mantels in colors for the liturgical seasons.
This is from an angle.
Here is a view of the mantel.
Sew Long for Now.