Saturday, December 30, 2006

I thought I would post a couple of pictures from the Vintage Ball. Here is the General and I preparing to go. Don't you just love a man in uniform. I did make my outfit, I redid a dress I made a couple of years ago.


Here is Captain Cool and some of his friends. Captain Cool is in the grey. These are all homeschooled young people. Captain Cool has been homeschooled 10 of his 12 years of school. The two young ladies in the middle, who are sisters have been homeschooled since they were in elementary school. The young man on the end, who is wearing his father's VMI uniform, has been homeschooled his whole life. Both the boys in the picture are seniors this year.

There was a lot of young people dressed in vintage attire. Most were colonial era, some Victorian, and a lot of Renissiance. We had a lovely night. The General and I danced every Waltz. We also danced one line dance. The General and I figure we have about eight more years of this dance and then we will be finished. It's great fun, but, very physically taxing! We know now why young people in the eras they did these dances didn't get into a lot of trouble after such affairs. They were too wore out to!

Sew Long for Now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ball looks like such fun! You two look lovely. I'm sorry you got stumped on a pattern (in the last post), but I would have gotten stumped MUCH sooner, I assure you. With every challenge, you learn something new, though. I really like that about sewing - there's always more to learn. Happy new year to you as well.

Anonymous said...

You make a lovely Martha, Cindi! May God bless you this New Year! Love Denise (CE group)

Linda L said...

Cool, glad you posted the photos of you and your family!

Constantly Abiding said...

I love the pictures of the costumes you made. It seems like you all had a lot of fun!

Lisa said...

I love getting to see you in your Vintage Ball attire. Everyone looks so nice. It sounds like a lot of fun. The kids look awesome and your son is a handsome fella.