Friday, December 01, 2006



Five broken needles and one hurt finger later, here is one of the Roman soldier top pieces. I made four of these. I also made four belts, but we decided yesterday afternoon they didn't look right. So here in a minute I will redo them. Last night I also shortened four of the red capes from last year that we are using. This pleather stuff is hard to sew through. It is really hard when you are sewing through several layers. These are all lined with the same fabric. I ended up using my walking foot to sew these together.

Tonight 7-10 is the first performance of the marketplace. The youngest two have singing school practice today also. Tomorrow the General and Captain Cool are in the marketplace. Captain Kitty has a violin recital and then Captain Kitty and Captain Chaos have a singing school concert.

Sew...sew long for now!

1 comment:

lindiepindie said...

Starting to sew with a new material is always challenging. I've never sewed with pleather, but it looks hard! I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to deal with it. It looks like it fits nicely.