Thursday, December 28, 2006



I have had a pretty tough week. After spending four days trying to sew a pair of revolutionary war pants for a costume I threw in the towel. I can pretty much figure out anything, but these directions just stunk. My husband laughs that there are people who ask me to sew outrageous things just to try to stump me. I usually can figure it out, but not these. I know of a lady who sews for a local historical park and I am going to ask her after the new year to help me. I may not have the outfit for tomorrow night's ball, but I will eventually get it. I didn't get the coat done because my dryer broke down the day after Christmas. Broke is such a gentle term for the motor burning up. I thought I would have to wait awhile to get a new dryer, but God provided for this need. I wash around 3 loads a day. If my dryer had broke before Christmas it wouldn't have been so bad, we had 70 degree weather. No, my dryer breaks the day it is cold and back down in the 30's and 40's. I tried to hang out some clothes and 8 hours later they were still damp.

Tomorrow I have to put cockades on the two tri cornerned hats I did finish and then in the afternoon we are going to rent costumes for the boys to wear. Since this will be a pretty busy weekend I thought I would post a New Years wish from our family to yours. The picture above is from a visit we made to Luray Caverns at the end of summer.

So our prayer is that God will bless your family in 2007!

Sew Long for Now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindi, I can identify! Our dryer konked out last Saturday as we were getting bedding ready for our guests. Dryer repairman finally arrived tonight at 7 pm and said it was the heater coil - $216! Tomorrow a.m. I have TONS of laundry that's waiting to be done.

Unbelievably our stove coil also burnt out on Tuesday...so no using the oven until the part arrives NEXT Tuesday!

When it rains, it pours! But thru the rain...a ray of sunshine: my new fridge arrives tomorrow morning! Yay!

Lisa said...

Great pic! It's so good to see you. Gosh I wish we lived closer. hehehe One of these days we really really will get coffee.

I hope you're able to get help with the pants.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Lisa said...

I also meant to say that I really like the sewing picture up top, too. Your blog looks great.

Linda L said...

Oh Cindi, don't let the costume get you down. Sometimes walking away from it provides a solution. AND it is okay to throw in the towel, especially when there may be other and more fun projects to tackle.

Sorry to hear about the dryer!!!

Happy New Year to you and your family from the LaMona's.