Thursday, May 11, 2006

Today is the birthday of two special people in my life. My Momma's birthday is today. It is also the 17th birthday of Captain Cool.

Here he is playing the bass with his senior high singing school at Tanglewood Mall in the music festival. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant. Doctors had told us that we would never have children. When I got pregnant with him they told me he was not viable. I prayed to God pleading for my baby's life. I felt God tell me everything would be ok. I insisted on a second and then third opinion. They tried to get me to have a D&C, I refused. I promised God that if he let me have this child I would raise him for God. We have tried to do our best to raise him as a righteous young man. He is a great young man. He has a work ethic that astounds me. He is very gifted in music. He is self motivated and very intelligent. God has showed him His will for his life and he is trying to follow that. This summer Captain Cool has been accepted to participate in the Air Force Academy's summer seminar. He hopes to attend the AFA. He will also be participating in a mission trip known as Merge with our church in July and then going to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip the end of July into August. There is so much I could say about him. Oh, we have our ups and downs. He is not always the best son and I am not always the best Momma, but, on the most we get along. He is a good son and is devoted to his family.

Well, I have to get ready to go to our ASG meeting. Sew Long for Now.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Captain Cool! How neat. Mine turns 17 in June. Congratulations Mama. God sure was good to you both.

Lisa said...

Oh yeah...and Hayden music is the one place we can never pass without going in if the boys are with me. lol

lindiepindie said...

Wow - I'm sure there is so much more to this story, but the little you shared brings tears to my eyes. And now here he is 17 years later! It's an amazing story of God' faithfulness, and your trust in our loving Father. Oh thank you for sharing!