Since my last post I have cleaned my sewing room, put elastic in a skirt for Captain Kitty, altered the black dress, made an apron, and am half way through my revised wristlet.
This is the apron I made. It has three pockets in the front. It was all very easy to make except the ties. The seaming on the ties is very intensive and I may have to find another way to do them. You fold under and press 3/8 inch seam on the two long sides and one of the short sides of two ties. Then you fold under the raw edge of that and make the hem 1/4 inch. This takes a lot of time and burnt fingers. I think that I will either cut out four of those pieces and make a tube or I will do a rolled edge on it.
In honor of today being the first day of Autumn the children and I painted wooden pumpkins, leaves, and acorns.
This is my favorite time of year!
Sew Long for Now!