Wednesday, September 13, 2006



It has rained for three days. I usually don't mind rain, but the natives are getting restless here. Captain Chaos goes out every break in the rain he can find. He has been learning to jump his bike off his older brother's ramp. He saw this spider web beside the basketball hoop and begged to take a picture of it. He thought it was great with all the water dropletts on it. Tonight was their first night back to Awana and they were happy to being going again. Tomorrow singing school starts back up. They can hardly wait.

In my sewing room I have been working on a pair of jeans for a girl. She has never owned a pair because she is chubby. They brought me a pattern that is fit for a very slender girl. I am making the jeans, but I worry. I worry she thinks that they will make her look like the picture on the front of the pattern. Sigh...I was an obese child. My Momma tells me I ballooned out at five years old. I have never been anything else my whole life. I have blocked out a lot of my past memories because of how people treated me. I have tried everything to get rid of the weight. I am so thankful that I have a God who loves me for who I am inside. He blessed me with a husband that loves me no matter what. He gave us three beautiful children. He has sent many friends in my life who look beyond my outward appearance. I pray this girl will find this type of life.

Sew Long for Now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that I have a God who loves me for who I am inside. He blessed me with a husband that loves me no matter what. He gave us three beautiful children. He has sent many friends in my life who look beyond my outward appearance. I pray this girl will find this type of life.

Not only can you sew anything... but you write beauty and truth.
Amen.

Much love, Cindi,
Ann V.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's a mistake that God put you into this sewing project for this girl. I'm sure you'll be there when this girl tries them on for the first time and I know that you will be able to say just the right thing to her at that time.

Lisa said...

It's good she will have someone compassionate with her. Teens have such a rough time with body image.

I've seen you in person...you're beautiful! (even in a hospital gown hehe)

Anonymous said...

Cindi--How wonderful for that young lady for God to have placed you in the role of seamstress for her! Your compassion and love for others is such a refreshing balm--I thank my God for you always.

~~Coram Deo, Laura B.

P.S. tell Billie that getting the picture of the spider web was a great idea...it IS pretty neat!!!