My machine is embroidering out a design as I type this. A lady called this afternoon and wanted me to digitize a design by tomorrow. They paid me extra to rush it. It has actually gone better than I expected because of the lessons I have been working on at the Quarterly Software Society that Bernina is offering. I have learned a lot from these lessons.
This is a dresser scarf that my grandmother embroidered sometime before 1962. It has been loved and used often. The threads are not holding up to the use and detergents that were used on it back in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I decided to hand embroidery my interpretation of her work on a tea towel.
This is my tea towel after I completed it this weekend. I am debating whether I want to crochet the edging on it since I plan to use this towel.
Here is a close up of one of the roses. I just drew the outline with pencil. I tried to make them similar to the ones on the orignial. I embroidered the shading in a similar format as she had done. This is not an identical copy, but I enjoyed the way it turned out.
Sew Long for Now!