Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Well, let's just say I know now why I have been working on the other afghan 3 years! I am still sewing the blocks together with yarn. It's just Granny Squares and not to many of those, but this thing is very time consuming. It is in shades of pink, white, and brown. I feel a craving for ice cream working on it (LOL).

Speaking of ice cream Monday was Captain Chaos' birthday.

Here is my baby. He is now 9. I thank God everyday for these little people He has lent to us to help raise. CC is such a sweet boy. He is so kind hearted. He wanted an aquarium and sharks for his birthday. So we got him a 20 gallon tank with some sort of shark type fish, a dragon fish, and a dinosaur fish. All these "boy" type fish...whoda known. We always let our children pick a restaraunt to go out to for their birthday meal. We don't eat out often. He of course wanted to go out to a seafood restaraunt and have shark, squid, and octopus for dinner. Most of the restaraunts in our area that specialize in seafood are closed on Mondays. The General got the great idea of going to Kabuki, a Japanese seafood and steakhouse where they make your meal in front of you. Since his sister is away at camp and his brother had soccer it was just the three of us. He loved it. He got to be the center of attention, being the last child he doesn't always get that especially with two siblings of very forcible character. He also loved watching the chef make the meal. The chef was so nice to our little birthday boy! I am being very good about following my restricted eating and movement since the surgery. I am doing pretty good. I ask the General today what he thought of me doing a little sewing tomorrow. He told me he thought I could do it, if I promised to only do it in short spurts and lay down in between. Of course I agreed. Yea, so if I ever get to sleep (slight problem still with insomnia) when I wake up I am going to sew.

Sew Long for Now!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like CC had a wonderful birthday. I have not been to Kabuki..my kids have, though, and they thought it was lots of fun.

I'm glad you're being well taken care of and I hope you start sleeping better. Insomnia makes everything a little more difficult.

By the way, I told you I was going to blog about our visit, but then I felt funny about it and wasn't sure I should. lol So...I didn't. I didn't mean to tell a fib. :)

Cindi said...

Oh Lisa I didn't care if you blogged about it. I didn't think you fibbed silly! You really should try Kabuki, everyone should go at least once.

Love you,
Cindi

deb said...

Cindi, sounds like you're doing better and gradually getting back to your sewing. Sorry about the no sleep--maybe some of the meds still having an affect. The b'day outing was good for you I'm sure and esp for your son with all the attention on him. :)

Anonymous said...

A shark cake, a tank of sharky fish and shark for dinner? I'm sure he felt very special. For me, it's the middle one that seems to get neglected since the little one needs more help with things, and the older one can do more things.

If you're anything like me, you'd better set the timer before you start sewing. It's always hard for me to stop once I get started on something! :o)

Joanna said...

Wow, he really is all boy isn't he? Kabuki sounds like fun. We have a place like that around here that we haven't gone to yet. Will have to try it out.