Monday, August 28, 2006

I finished hemming the third pair of pants for a man. I didn't get a lot of other sewing done this weekend. I was feeling bad Saturday so I took it easy. Sunday we had our church's annual picnic in the afternoon. We went after the General came home from work. We did do art for our school this weekend. I had received an idea from a friend and the children were keen on doing it as their art for this week.


We bought several of these sewn memo books.













Then we traced 3 times around the cover onto cardstock. We cut out the cardstock. We stamped one of the cardstock with our favorite stamps. We used some of that tape with the red backing, it's very sticky two sided tape, to attach the stamped piece of cardstock to the front of the memo book. We attached both pieces of the cardstock to the back giving it support. We are now going to give these as presents to people.

I was thinking about a way to incorporate fabric into this project. It was a simple project, yet very enjoyable and it makes a nice gift if you personalize the colors or stamped image to the recipient.

Sew Long for Now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that really changes the look from boring to beautiful. Fabric -covered notebooks would make nice gifts as well. I've seen them on a few blogs, but haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it's not that hard. Of course, I'm thinking your could fuse a quilted pattern all over that thing. :o)

Laura Talbert said...

Hi Cindi.. I just found your blog through Craft Apple, which I also just found =)

I do fabric covered journals all the time. Really easy, pretty, and durable too. If you would like to know how I do it, email me through my blog.

Joanna said...

Cute idea. I like the way it turned out.

Lisa said...

That looks great! Sorry you weren't feeling well Saturday. Glad you seem to be feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really neat! My girls need a journal for one of their classes and I can use this idea!

Elaine