Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Today was a good productive day, well sewing anyhow. Last night I stayed up until 1 a.m. cutting out a pattern. Captain Cool called at 12:05 a.m.! He didn't realize there was a 2 hours time difference. He sounded very happy. Did you know Martha comes on at that time of the night? I saw an episode on giving a baby shower that was pretty good.

I embroidered 3 more shirts for my nephew. I ran out of iron on poly mesh so will have to run over to Alpine tomorrow and pick some up. I put new elastic in the waist of a pair of pants and hemmed a lined jacket for a lady. I cut out a shirt with the pattern I cut out last night. (I think the worst part of sewing is cutting out patterns.) I also made two pin cushions using the instructions from the ASG meeting last Thursday.

The one with the pink center is the one I made at the meeting. They had the supplies all cut out and in baggies, you just grabbed one. The two below are the ones I made today.











Of course I had to change the directions a bit to make it more efficient for me. I think I will try some more later. Tomorrow I would like to start on a new wallet. I ordered the pattern called "A Safe Place" from Favorite Things and it came in the mail.

Sew Long for Now!

4 comments:

deb said...

Cindi, they are absolutely gorgeous! I like the purple ones you made.

By the way, thanks so much for your prayers for me. I can tell folks have been lifting me up because I am so much better since I posted and asked for prayer! Thank YOU!

lindiepindie said...

It's just like a teenager to not realize the time difference! How funny. I would have watched Martha, too, if I had been woken up and realized that it was on.

The pincushions are so fun and pretty. How nice to go take a class to learn new things! Maybe when my kiddos are older. :o)

Lisa said...

Neat!

Linda L said...

Cindi, great looking pin cushions!

I was over at Bagacholics and saw some more of the quilted bags and the one you made recently for a student. What pattern are you using? I posted there that I wanted to know as I now have seen "mucho" bags like this. They are really appealing with the various color combinations as well as prints.