Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Today was errand day. I had a lot of running around to do. I didn't get much sewing done. I embroidered 3 more shirts. I hemmed a jacket for a lady. The cool thing about this was using my new serger to hem it. I was able to figure out how to make it sew a cover hem. Way Cool! Neato Man! LOL, or as the children would say, Awesome, Rad Dude! One of my errands this morning was to my sewing machine dealer and they were asking me about new owner classes. I will take them in the future, but, don't expect me to just stare at the machine until then!

I finished reading Stepping Heavenward One Woman's Journey to Godliness by Mrs. E. Prentiss this afternoon. That was such a great read. I could so relate to her struggles of trying to be more like Christ and failing only to have to try again. One paragraph at the end really spoke to my heart: "And when I entered upon the sacred yet often homely duties of married life, if this love had been mine, how would that life have been transfigured! The petty faults of my husband under which I chafed would not have moved me; I should have welcomed Martha and her father to my home and made them happy there, I should have had no conflicts with my servants, shown no petulance to my children. For it would not have been I who spoke and acted, but Christ who lived in me." Oh, to learn from this in my own life!

Speaking of children. I have spoken to our youngest two every evening. Last evening my Momma sounded quite upset. It seems Captain Chaos had coming running in the house saying he couldn't breath. He had went out side with his goggles and snorkle on and tried to suck up dirt through it and it caused him to choke. Later she went outside to feed the horses and found him with her trowel digging large holes all over the back yard. He felt it was his duty to rid her yard of all the ant hills! Today Dad and Mom took them to town. My parents raised many children, but the youngest of those is 42 so it's been awhile since they have had to deal much with an active little boy!

Sew Long for Now!

1 comment:

lindiepindie said...

Your poor parents! I imagine that as your children grow up you forget what craziness can go on with young ones, and I imagine you forget the energy it takes!

So glad you were able to finish a good book. How would my life be different minute to minute if my heart were that of Christ's? Thanks for sharing that paragraph. I have very little time to read a book from start to finish, but I keep hanging on to them in the hopes that one day I'll get to read them.