Thursday, October 09, 2008

The day started with a dreary look (this picture is looking out back at my folks house, but it is what it looked like this morning here.) I took my serger in and I had some how broke some rod or something. They fixed it while I was at piano lessons with the little bee keeper. He told me it needed to be maintenanced and new cutters put on, but he fixed it because he knew I needed it right now. How sweet. As soon as I save up the funds I will be putting it in for a servicing.

I finished the formal dress hem, edging the shawl, and moving the straps on the dress. I am taking a week off from sewing for others. My in-laws are due here today from Kansas and I haven't seen them in a year so I want to spend time visiting. I don't know if I can take a week off from sewing, but I may. When they come to visit we usually run around so much there isn't much time.

Oh, for those people who have been worrying about the economic troubles and such some good news from our neck of the woods. Gas was $2.89 at station in our area this morning. Yes, I never thought I would see gas under $3 again in my life time. I saw in the Wall Street Journal that Walmart and Target are having a toy price war. Some toy sets have been marked down to $10. The Little Bee Keeper got excited over that, he hopes it some he has been wanting and saving for. Now if I can just get Bernina to reduce the price of that new sewing machine they are coming out with that I want!

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: