I just wanted to pop in again today to post about a pattern alteration I did that is really easy and helpful. Captain Chaos has grown since last year when we got the pattern for the capris pants pjs. I didn't want to have to buy a new pattern so I decided to alter the pattern we already had. The pants would fit her, but she would loose the 4 inch easy built into the pattern. Since they are for wearing to bed I thought she needed that easy to be comfortable. The pattern consist of two pieces and you cut four pieces out of fabric. Since I wanted to add four inches I distributed this over all four pieces by adding one inch inserts to both pattern pieces.
I folded the pattern over and cut down the fold. Then I cut out a one inch strip from brown pattern paper. I taped this to the pattern.
Here is a picture of the purple capris pjs. I thought about making a top to go with them, but I am considering just getting a t-shirt to wear with them. She will be going to camp in a couple of weeks and needs some new pjs. I think I will make a couple more bottoms and buy matching t's.
Sew Long for Now!