Sunday, July 23, 2006

The dresses have been picked up. I decided to finish my "purple project" before starting any more sewing for customers.

Tada....


You knew it was going to be a bag! I did a few things different with this one. The first thing I did different is that I didn't angle the strips as much. This gave a wider opening. It also made it possible to put bigger pockets in it. This bag has 6 big pockets on the inside. I used a different stabilizer. I usually use tailor's fusible interfacing. This time I used craft fusible interfacing. It gave it the same stability, but not as thick.












I don't know if you can see in this photo, I didn't do straight quilting. Instead I used a decorative stitch on my machine and free motioned it. The stitch is a leave design to go along with the embroidery.









I found the best button. It has the same checked pattern as the material.

Sew Long for Now!

7 comments:

Tori said...

Oh it's so cute! Are you a purple girlly?

Cindi said...

LOL, no. I just seem to have a lot of purple fabric and a lot of friends who like purple! My passion is green!

deb said...

I'm a purple fanatic! LOVE it! The embrodiery really adds a special touch, Cindi.

Now...will this end up being your bag? A gift? Something for that sweet blogger down the road from you in Staunton? Just wondering...

LOL :)

Lisa said...

lol Deb...I'm closer. I'm closer!heheehe

I love the detail. I enlarged the pic and can't get over how perfect the embroidery is for going with the flowers. Love it.

lindiepindie said...

You and I were on the same wavelength this last week - trying to take a purse pattern and change it just a little bit. I really like the free-motion quilting on this purse better than the straight lines. Very fun.

Linda said...

Really nice purse, Cindi. Love the embroidery and the entire look of it.

Susan said...

Gorgeous purse!