Thursday, January 24, 2008



Have you ever had one of those days? One where everything you try to do just goes from bad to worse? Last week was not a good week so I set my mind that this week I was going to accomplish some things. It was looking like it was not to be. I am embroidering these Taekwonda uniforms. I just have to put the name and city on the backs. It is a flat place they go, doesn't sound too hard. Well,...they are made out of this very very heavy canvas material. You can't hoop it. I tried hooping cut away stabilizer and then using spray adhesive to hold the material in place on the hoop. Nope. The material is so heavy that it drags to the sides and will not hold down. I tried pinning the material to the stabilizer to hold it steady. That just caused the stabilizer to get pulled out of the hoop by the weight. I was so upset last night because I had tried on three different ones these methods and each messed up so I had three different uniforms that needed to have the embroidery ripped out. Finally, I drove over to my favorite sewing shop and talked to them. Hoop it all stabilizer-duh-why didn't I think of that. I didn't hoop the stabilizer and cut out the section with a pin like you usually do. I pulled all the protective covering off and stuck it to the bottom of the hoop. Then I pushed the material down bonding it with the stabilizer. It worked. Now to finish ripping out the booboos I made and redo those uniforms.

Sew Long for Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was reading, I was thinking about my old TaeKwonDo uniform and how it has printing (not embroidery) on the back and our instructor took a Sharpie and wrote our names on the front. :o)

I'm glad you found a solution! Boo boos are NO FUN!

Linda L said...

I really hate those kind of weeks. Glad you found a solution. I hate undoing embroidery about as much as I hate to take out a broken zipper and replace with a new one.