Tuesday, November 20, 2007



I am an avid coupon clipper. I love a sale. My husband tells the story about how he mentioned to me one time that our lawn mower needed a new tire. I was shopping and found a lawn mower tire marked down to .25 so I bought it. It didn't fit the lawn mower, but for .25 it was worth a try. He thinks I was silly for buying it. Hey, it was on sale! LOL. Yesterday I went grocery shopping. I haven't been in a couple of weeks and had been saving up lots of coupons for things I was hoping were going to be on sale this week. Nothing beats combining a coupon with a sale price. I also had quite a few Krogers coupons for money off your total grocery bill if you spend so much in a certain department. When I finally got to check out the clerk looked at me and ask if I was really going to use all those coupons. I said yes, that I had put a lot back because I found the store brand cheaper. When the sale was totaled I had $104 and some change in coupon savings.

On the sewing front I embroidered a sweatshirt yesterday that had 10 words on it! It took two hoopings with my biggest hoop. I did not get my table topper done. I mentioned that to the General and he volunteered to take Captain Kitty to both her dentist and orthodontist visits today and also to pick up Lt. Col. Cool from school. Yes! I will get it done.

Sew Long for Now!

3 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Wow, your General is really wonderful! :)

I could learn a thing or two from you and coupons... I am a miserable failure. They overwhelm me.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for coupon savings! I have a friend who plays the Grocery Game and saves lots. :o)

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

standiing ovation--to the General, to you, to Father for all His good gifts to you!
I send love...