Monday, June 11, 2007



Yesterday in the afternoon I was putting together the formal dress. I was restless. Maybe because all we have been doing is working around here. When the General came home from work I ask him to take us for a ride. He was shocked. With the price of gas almost $3 per gallon, he knew I was trying to keep our gas spending down. We went to one of my favorite places, the Blue Ridge Parkway. I grew up going for a ride every Sunday afternoon on the Parkway. It usually culminated with ice cream from the Dairy Queen. That was up in the Shenandoah Valley. Now we live in the Roanoke Valley. We drove to Buchanan and went up on the parkway. It was a lovely afternoon for a drive. We saw two does. The second one we saw was when stopped at the Roanoke Mountain Camp Ground. It just stood there and stared at us, not 50 feet away. We ended our ride by taking the children to the Roanoke Star and looking over our city. It was a nice change, very relaxing.

Sew Long for Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did exactly what I was campaigning to do. I kept saying..."sure is a nice afternoon to go for a drive." We never ended up doing anything but walking around outside in the yard and around the garden after supper.

Looks like you had a wonderful change of pace after all your busy-ness!

Anonymous said...

Wow- it looks beautiful and probably the perfect break you needed. Saving on gas is a good thing, but saving your sanity is important too. ;o)

Alberta said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to ride to and sit and reflect. I'm glad you took the time despite the price of gas!