Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Last night I was so tired. After I got the kitchen cleaned up and set up for today, I settled the youngest two in bed and went to bed. The General was waiting up for Lt. Col. Cool. I was so tired, but I couldn't fall asleep when I lay down! Finally, I fell asleep. One half an hour later I awoke. I was wide awake. I tried changing positions. I tried praying. Nothing, I was definitely awake and I wasn't going back to sleep soon. I got up and met the General as he was headed to bed. He is getting used to me having these nights when I don't sleep. So, we switched places. I went up and began sewing and he went to bed. I hemmed a pair of pants and repaired a sweater torn in several places. Then I read for awhile. Finally, about 1:30 I decided I needed to get some sleep before I left at 3:30 a.m. I got another nap. Today I was trying so hard not to fall asleep this afternoon. I almost gave in and took a nap, but backed out at the last minute. I decided to work on more sewing. I repaired a torn toddler shirt and shorts. Then I serged all the edges of the formal dress. I am going to put it together on the reg. sewing machine and leave a 5/8 seam allowance in case it needs adjusting when I take it for the fitting.

Sew Long for Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindi ~ I can identify with sleepless nights, although lately with so much outside yard work, I've been getting some good heavy sleep. Hope you get some rest soon!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Cindi? You work so hard. Do rest. Sleep. Restore.
Know I send love.
Ann