Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I did the Color Me Happy block for May.  I love working with these batiks.  A friend who is also doing this one said that they are hard to quilt through, but I love the look of them so much I hope it makes it worth it.
 
 I finished piecing the quilt for my sister for her birthday.  She bought a coffee shop in her town and I thought something with a coffee theme would be nice.
I have to tell you a story, I was trying to stand on a chair to take a picture of the quilt looking down so I could get a nice view of the pattern.  I didn't use a pattern I made up how to piece it and I wanted to get a good look to see how I felt about the placement.  I fell off the chair, I landed on my feet, but the chair tipped over into my calf and I ended up falling against my dresser.  I have pain in my back and hip still today and a nice bruise on my leg.  I am so glad I didn't break anything.  The things we do without thinking....I bought a nice teal quilting thread and I am going to get a matching backing and binding to give a little color or maybe use a teal for a border and then use the rest of the coffee bean fabric for the binding.  I will have to decide in the next day or two because her birthday is the 5th of June.
I am hoping to get a binding on my green quilt over the next week and get the batting and backing for my sister's quilt.  I have a long list of things to get caught up on.  Yesterday I went to BOM meeting for the Memory Lane quilt and they had this new line of fabric I just loved!  It was all I could do not to buy any, I really need to finish up some things before I start others.
Sew Long for Now!

No comments: