Wednesday, January 04, 2012


Last week we went to the annual Vintage Ball. I had been asking my daughter what she will wear for months and she never would give me an answer. 4 days before the ball she came to me with a dress I had previously made for her wanting me to alter it. I spent the next day, all day, trying to alter it and it just looked worse and worse. That evening I sat down with her and my dh and discussed what to do. We went through my stash and came up with some pieces big enough to make a long dress. Of course I had to alter the pattern and I tried to make it as simple as possible. The result was ok, but I told her next year we HAD to start a lot earlier.


I have completed the 4th block in the blogger block a month project.

I have made it a plan for the New Year to work on my sewing a little bit every day. I have been working hard on my cross quilt. I have divided the big 20 blocks up into segments. Of course I finished the biggest segment last fall. Now I am working on the segments with the points of the cross in it. I pieced two rows, the first has 5 parts and the second also has 5 parts. Now I am sewing those two rows together. Hopefully, I will finish that this afternoon. There are 80 of these segments. Next I will make the corner segments the each have 8 parts and there are 80 of those. When I finish that I will be able to attach these segments to the main block and get those finished. Then there are 16 other blocks to put together.
I have also been working on piecing the flannel blocks together in rows, and when I finish I will sew the rows together to make a top.
I have also signed up with a friend to do two block a month clubs at a local quilt shop.
I want to make 2012 a year of sewing!
Sew Long for Now!

No comments: