Saturday, January 20, 2007

I finished this wallet today. It took four tries. I just couldn't find a combination of materials I liked. I have used this pattern only two times and each time I have had to alter the pattern. It's has some great basics, but it just doesn't work out right when I follow it exactly. I am writing notes on the pattern each time to see what I need to do differently. I have some ideas when I try it again to make it even better. I will be adding a button to it tonight to cover up the square on the front where I sewed the velcro on. I gave my friend the criss cross coasters tonight and she really liked them. I worked on shortening the sleeves on a shirt today for some one. I had to remove the cuffs, measure and mark the new stitch line, then cut off the excess, and sew the cuffs back on. It's cold here now and they are calling for wintery mix tomorrow. We will see what happens.

Sew Long for Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it weird how patterns just don't work out sometimes? What you've made looks nice, though. A wallet is something I'd like to try one day. It sounds like fun. :o)