Thursday, August 15, 2013

I was behind on my BOM and so I got down to work and caught up.  The July BOM is above.

This churn dash is the August BOM.  Now I have to make 32 flying geese to fit in.  This is a mystery quilt and so we will not know how it all fits together until the end.

I have been wanting to knit one of these ruffle scarves.  I bought this pretty purple and went to YouTube and watched a video on how to knit it.  I got about 1/3 way through and it slipped off the kneedles.  I tried again and it did it again.  When I laid it down for the night and then picked up the next day it was hard to keep it on the needles.  So I went back to YouTube and found a video showing how to crochet it.  Crocheting was so much quicker and I finished it in a couple of hours.  I gave it to my daughter, who loves to wear scarves.  I have another skein of the purple and I will knit another and either keep it for myself or give it away as a present.  It is really fun! Now I am knitting a shawl with a beautiful wool.

Sew Long for Now!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I have one of those ruffly scarves... a friend made it for me, but I've never tried knitting one myself. Glad you were able to catch up on your BOM. I know it feels good!