Thursday, August 08, 2013

I couldn't believe how long it has been since I last updated.  It doesn't seem that long.  We are so busy getting our daughter ready to leave for school and getting our home ready for our oldest son, his wife and soon to be two daughters to move in with us.  He is leaving the army and moving back to the east coast.
 I did get the scrappy quilt finished, quilting borders and all.
 I have been knitting new dish clothes, mine all are wearing thin.
During our local shop hop I received a new project.  Its a redwork wall hanging with Virginia landmarks on it.  It was designed by the lady who owns one of our local quilt shops.  It took me and the children two weeks to transfer all the designs on the material.  The woman who designed it had over 100 hours of handwork in hers.  Mine will probably be more because I am not as skilled as she.  So in about 10 years I should have it completed (wink wink.)
It is so hard to believe that we are in our 21st year of homeschooling and we only have one child left.  It is bittersweet seeing them grow up and mature, but missing those sweet childhood moments.  It goes by too fast!

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: