Twenty cross squares are now done. They each have 73 pieces. 1460 pieces in all 20 squares together. It took me longer than I thought, but I am so pleased with the outcome.
This is another picture with them on a white background. The background color can make them look different.
The BOM is now done for October and the setting squares. Two more months and I will have all the squares to put this quilt together!
I was ask to make a name tag for myself for a group I belong to and I put together this name tag. I did the blanket stitch using my machine at first, but it was too light and didn't cover like I wanted so today I did it over by hand with embroidery floss. It was really quick and easy to make.
Next week I hope to work on the 16 other blocks for the cross quilt.
I purchased backing for two of the Christmas quilts and I hope to soon start to machine quilt them. As part of my birthday I ordered a hoop to use while doing free motion quilting and I hope it will make it go smoother for me. Another nifty new gadget I had been asking for and received is an electric sharpener for rotatory cutting blades. I was so happy that the first blade I sharpened with it is cutting really well. I dislike waisting so many blades and wanted a way to be able to sharpen them and reuse them. I have saved several blades and will try them all and see how it goes.
Sew Long for Now!