Monday, December 15, 2008

Sunday December 14, 2008 started with me taking calls for the company I work for. I was already working when the clock turned over at midnight to a new day. I finished my shift at 1:30 a.m. and layed down for a nap before I had to go deliver the papers. At 3:30 a.m. the alarm went off and I got up and headed out in the chilly morning to deliver the Sunday newspaper to 189 customers. I finished at 6:15 a.m. and went home to take another nap before heading to Sunday School.

When I got up at 8:30 a.m. it was to two children who did not feel well so we decided to go to Sunday School only this morning. My Sunday School was great as always with a very timely lesson on America being similar to Sampson and the people of his culture. We are letting sin creep in our lives through materialism, morals, music, movies, etc and accepting it so that we no longer stand apart. We also have lots of great fellowship in our class. After Sunday School we came home and all went back to bed for another nap.

The children and I got up right before the General got home from work. When he came in we spent some time sitting and discussing our day. Then the General wanted to get some things cleared out of the basement and off the verendah since tomorrow the garbage collection runs. We spent some time doing that and they continued when I had to go to work at 5 p.m.

At 7:00 p.m. I got my first break and went out to join the family for supper. Then it was back to the telephone. I also worked on knitting between calls. Earlier this week I had addressed Christmas cards between calls. This job is not taxing and working at home allows me time to see more of my family than if I had to commute. I also can work on small things when I am not taking calls. And my family pops in and out to talk to me between calls. At 9:15 p.m. when I got my second break everyone except the General was in bed. I straightened up the kitchen, set-up the General's coffee for the next morning, and packed his lunch for tomorrow's work while on this longer break. At midnight, the end of the this day by the clock, I got my last break and went out to a very quiet house with all snug in their beds. My day didn't end for another hour and one-half.

The day wasn't too bad. I would prefer to get my sleep in one straight stretch, but I make it.

Sew Long for Now!

1 comment:

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Who works harder than you, Cindi?
You astound.

I'm rooting for you, cheering you on, girl.

He's carrying you through.
All, all my love,