Saturday, January 02, 2016

"Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
whispering 'It will be happier'..."
Alfred Lord Tennyson

Greetings!  Another year has said goodbye.  It was another year where I did not get in a lot of sewing time.  All the responsibilities of taking care of family this past year took up so much time that at the end of each day I found myself falling into bed without a stitch being sewn.  I did finish 4 quilts this past year which I am so thankful for, but I neglected my blog and that made me sad.  I don't make resolutions, but I do like to set down goals each New Years.  Some of my goals for 2016 are to sew some each day, to do some needle work each day (crochet or knitting), to post a blog post at least once a week, and to read a book a month.
For Christmas my dear husband gave me a 52 strip jelly roll and a pattern for a quilt.  What a sweet man he is!  I started it and am breaking down the steps into small units to accomplish each day.  
This is the last quilt I made in 2015.  It was a gift for dear friends who helped us this past year.  I used a disappearing nine patch pattern.

Here's to 2016 and the hope of happier year with more sewing!

Sew Long for Now,
Cindi

No comments: