Thursday, October 04, 2012

This picture shows a closer view of the block for Daddy's quilt with the orange sashing.

And here it is finished!  I love the look of it! 
I also finished the last row of the Memory Lane quilt.  With that one the next step is to put all the rows together with the sashing.

I also finished 160 half square green triangles.  I have to tell you about this.  I have been using a method to make half square triangles that makes 8 at once and then you have to trim them down.  Some one gave me this ruler for Christmas and I had never used it.  While watching Fons and Porter I saw them use this ruler.  They made it look so easy.  I thought well I will give that a try.  You know I don't know why it took me so long to use this ruler.  It made it alot easier and faster!  Tools really do make a difference!
 
So, I accomplished all I set out to do in the last week.  Over the next week I hope to finish the last part of the cross blocks so I can start putting those together, make the top for my father-in-laws quilt, and make the block for the donation for quilt guild.  I would like to say put the Memory Lane top together, but I think that may be stretching it a bit.
 
Sew Long for Now!

No comments: