Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My day started at 3 a.m. I got up to deliver the papers. It was a beautiful autumn morning, not too hot nor too cold. The sky was clear and the stars sparkled brilliantly. The moon was something worth getting up this early to see. It was so big and round and close down on the horizon. As a matter of fact it was so beautiful that when I got home I ran into the house to get my camera to capture a picture of it. By the time I came out it had sunk behind the mountains though. I really need to remember to keep the camera with me on the paper routes!

My in-laws and sister-in-law have been visiting with us since last week. With all the excitement I have been going to bed late so this morning I decided to take a nap when I got home from the paper routes. I had been asleep about an hour when the phone rang. It was a customer wanting to send me a file to digitize for them. I got up to check my e-mail, but the file wasn't there. I called her back and we made arrangements for her to come over after lunch and bring me a hard copy.

I spent the morning visiting with my in-laws and sister-in-law. This was the last day my in-laws are here. They leave Wednesday on the way to visit my mother-in-law's sister in North Carolina before heading back to Kansas.

The afternoon I listened to the children practice their instruments while I did some mending that had been piling up. The General came home from work and soon after I left to take the little bee keeper to his piano lessons. While he was at lessons I ran to the store to get some buns and potato salad for supper. My mother-in-law insisted upon store bought potato salad. She isn't into cooking from scratch or any frugal ideas. She flat out refused to use a coupon I gave her the other day for a product she was buying. I love her, but I don't understand her reasons for some of the things she does.

When I came home the General was cooking hamburgers on the grill. I sat on the back verendah and visited with everyone while he did this.

Our little bee keeper had built a fort out of some branches that had to be cut down off the fence. He ask me to come check out this cool neat place to play.

When the hamburgers got near ready I went in and helped Capt. Kitty set the table. Right when we set down to eat the customer finally showed up with the hard copy for me to digitize. I spoke with her a few minutes and when I came back to the table there was a card at my place. My in-laws gave me a birthday card early since they would be back at home on my birthday. My birthday is exactly fourteen days from the 14th.

After supper we all sat around visiting until time for me to go to bed. Everyone else was staying up to watch Dirty Jobs.


So I said goodnight to everyone, even Casey my in-laws cute dog. The General came down to tuck me in and say good night and I fell asleep after a lovely day.

Sew Long for Now!

No comments: